Apple Mail and iCal can be manually configured to work with Exchange Online. The steps to set it up can be found below.
- Open Apple Mail. Type in your name and your Exchange Online email address and password. Click Continue.
- Select Cancel to stop auto-configuration, then Continue.
- Select Exchange 2007 as your account type. In Incoming Mail Server, type your server address. See Mobile Device URLs in URLs for Microsoft Online Services to find the server address for you region.
- Type your Exchange Online email address and your password.
- Select Address Book contacts and iCal calendars. Then click Continue.
- On the Account Summar Page, review your configuration, make sure that SSL is on. Select Take account online, then click Create. It will take a few minutes for your Exchange Online email and calendar items to synchronize.