Microsoft is in the process of transitioning all existing Exchange Hosted Archive (EHA) customers to Office 365’s (O365) new advanced archiving service over the next 12 months.
You should be given a 30 day notice and a 10 day confirmation notice prior to your scheduled cutover.
During the transition, you may notice some changes to your O365 Exchange Online Tenant:
- Licenses may be added to support the archive mailbox folders for users who were present within EHA.
- Archive enabled mailboxes for EHA users who do not already have mailboxes in O365 will be created and added to the Global Address List.
- The O365 journal rule which forwarded mail to EHA will be disabled at the start of your message migration. All new internal mail will no longer be captured with EHA. EHA’s historical mail will be migrated into your O365 archive folders.
At the end of the transition, your EHA archive will be deleted, but your transition contact will be shipped a complimentary copy of your EHA archive the next day.
Please verify and update your company’s contact information. You can do so by logging into the Admin Center.
- Under Contact Type, select Other.
- Enter “Office 365 Transition Contact” for Title.
- Fill out the necessary contact information
- First/Last Name
- Phone Number (internal corporate number)
- Phone Number 2 (external phone that can receive SMS text messages)
- Email (your business email address)
- Alternative Email (external email address)
To learn more about O365’s advanced archiving features, you can schedule a one hour training session with Microsoft’s archiving specialist by contacting email@example.com. The training sessions are available online on a weekly basis during the following times:
- Mondays at 10:00 AM PT
- Wednesday at 3:00 PM PT
- Thursdays at 8:30 AM PT
- Fridays at 8:00 AM PT
For information and materials such as prerequisite
documentation and migration details, GetArchiving.com
provides administrators with valuable information for transition from EHA to
If you have any questions that are related to the transition please contact Microsoft Technical Support or firstname.lastname@example.org.